Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Apple Glazed Kielbasa



I went apple picking with my son's godparents this past weekend, and hence have many apples to use.  In preparation of another idea in the works I decided to make an apple jam.  While reducing the jam I realized it was getting close to dinner time and I had not yet determined what I was making, but I had some kielbasa thawed in the refrigerator.  Kielbasa in the fridge, apple jam on the stove, and a light flicked on in my head.  That light inspired me to make some apple glazed kielbasa which we enjoyed with egg noodles and broccoli.




Apple Glazed Kielbasa


- 1 lb kielbasa of your choice
- 1/3 cup apple jam

Dice the kielbasa and put in a large frying pan.  Fry it over medium heat until the kielbasa starts to brown then add the apple jam.  Keep cooking, stirring continuously as the jam melts then forms a glaze on the kielbasa.  Serve hot with your choice of accompaniment.

No comments:

Post a Comment